Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New Year’s Day 1933

Up early -for a Sunday. By tram to Stoneygate terminus then I walked beyond Oadby to see a Mr. Jones and discuss possible careers. (Nothing whatever came of this). Left 1p.m. Raining hard and no coat. Walked fast to the tram terminus. Arrived home soaked and had to change.

Afternoon and evening a talk with Mr. Wood about possible careers. Gramaphone music ‘Lullaby of the Leaves’, ‘Seranata’, ‘Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2’ as we talked. Pleasant and soothing to hear after a hard days work.

January 1st 1930 - 3years ago - I joined the Scouts. Now I drift as in a sluggish river between high banks. I do not know how I may leave the river nor which bank to climb. Maybe I will just drift… Everything now is the awful shop. Once I had leisure - Scouting, Toc H and Night School - all gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home