Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Saturday 16th January 1937

Work from 9 a.m. until 9:50 a.m., when I had to leave hurriedly. Raining; a very dismal morning.

Curious psychological fact; my teeth started aching like hell whilst I stood in the dentist’s waiting room. Had to sit down and take an aspirin! However it had ceased when I sat in the Chair, a few minutes later. A chair which was comfortable for the body but less comfortable for the mind (as I said to the dentist).

Two teeth out – one a mere stump. “The prick” was not painful; I did not feel ill. A few minutes later a steel instrument went into my mouth (Now! I thought, but not very vividly or fearfully). I felt the bits of stump slide easily out; I felt the other tooth wrenched out. There was no excruciating torment of raw nerves, however, and a few seconds later I was washing my mouth and spitting blood into a pink crystal basin.

Back at work by 11 o’clock. Usual shopping etc. and a haircut in the afternoon. Did not feel too enthusiastic, when the effect of the cocaine had worn off a little!

Glum evening indoors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home