Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Monday 12th September 1932

First day of my holidays. A few visitors including Mr Cooper, who kindly brought my wages and stayed for a talk.

Telegram from Lincoln 'Wilf and self arriving about 1.30. Dawson'. They duly arrived and at about 6pm we left for Lincoln, in Wilfred's car.

(Looking back on these journals I realise that Mr. Cooper was a friendly and kindly man. At the time I saw him as the Ogre of Authority. He was the Asst. Manager of the Office; Mr. D. L. Lapraike, in the office next door, a much grander and important gentleman, was the Manager. I somehow feel, looking back, that Mr. Cooper would never become Manager.)

After a quiet week in Lincoln, the foot getting better and being able to take short walks into town, I was back to work on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home