Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday September 28th 1932

British United. I am in trouble! There is a missing list of MOs (completed Leicester Office or local orders). I stopped making out a list a year ago. When Cliff Exton passed the job over to me, he did not say that it was important to check for any missing completed orders before storing away in their numbered bundles. However, I should have asked.

This is a very serious business. DL expects the directors will sack me. Air of suppressed excitement in all the offices, not just ours. What has happened? Working frantically under supervision of DL, looking at old bundles, making note of missing orders. Cliff seems cowardly, white faced. Fears that he might be dismissed. Many orders missing. By night I had examined LC0s from January to March of this year.

In the evening I was in charge of the St. Albans Cubs as usual, and managed to switch off thoughts of the Office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home