Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday 14th August 1938

Up 5:30. Full marching order. Left camp – all tents struck, all lorries loaded, about 10:30. Came home with Lieut. Jarvis. He drove all the way. We all reassembled at the drill hall and dismissed in the usual Jarvis style. I then went to his house, put blazer and flannels over my uniform and had lunch – a late one – at The Popular Roadhouse.

We then went to the garage where th B and AV was still lodged. I rapidly realised the holiday was over. B and AV’s battery was utterly inert! However, I telephoned Lois and she arrived at Lieut. Jarvis’ house within a few minutes, in the Vauxhall.

Oakdene for tea. Lois came to Roedean later and helped me unpack, re-arrange things and attend to the large bundle of business letters which awaited me.

Evening: We strolled in the fields near Hockley Woods; we were very close together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home