Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday 23rd March 1944

A rather tiring day at the station. One NCO has been put on another duty for a week or so, therefore we two who remain will work one day on, one off, each, from now on.

Telephoned April tonight, to tell her about my trip to Terori, but to my disappointment she was out somewhere. “She'll be out tomorrow, too” added Mrs Hack.

April fell out of bed the other night at the Cumberland! I awoke to find a bit of a weight on my right arm, which was around my wife's neck, and then discovered that only her head and neck remained in bed! The rest of her had slipped on to the floor. I sat up and lugged the sleepy bundle across me and on to the other side of the bed. “You'd better come here, against the wall,” I said. “Umf muff mmm” replied the bundle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home