Friday, September 08, 2006

Thursday March 10th 1932

Went alone to the haunted wood tonight (I was afraid that I might really see something scary and might show fear in front of the trusting Barry tomorrow). It was quiet and moonlight.

First I found the crouching man. It was a tree stump. Went more deeply in to the dark wood. Saw the white shape. Looked pretty ghostly and it did seem to move to and fro.. It was the stump of a tree with the bark stripped off and it seemed to move as the slight breeze stirred the moonlit leaves of the trees. I tied a piece of string around it to remind me. Walk took about 100
minutes. Barry questioned me after Lights Out, so I hinted that I had seen something terrible. Shall say no more as I do not want to spoil tomorrow night's expedition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home