Wednesday, March 21, 2007

About Vigil

Eight more days and Vigil will be here again.

A year since I wrote:

“Vigil…really stands for manliness and all that implies… A dull, easy or low class job… goes against the code. I must always struggle to climb; to seek fresh knowledge, adventure and experience. Though life may be short, it must not be narrow or dull. Especially I must lose self control against the temptation to be childish, silly…”

I do not think my ideals have changed greatly since then.

Always at Vigil, I need my thumb stick but now, I suppose it is still lying on Tryfan.

“I will make the most of this wondrous life that thou hast given me, O Father.
I will try to live straight and clean and deep.
Give me courage, Father, and a happy spirit of adventure, that I may climb nearer to manliness and nearer to Thee. Amen”

In the broader sense, for all men –

“We will make the most of this wondrous life that Thou hast given us, O Father. We will try to live straight and clean and deep.
Give us courage, Father, and a happy spirit of adventure, that we may climb neare to manliness and nearer to Thee, Amen”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home