Thursday, December 04, 2008

Sunday 27th December 1942

My chance to repay Ted for yesterday's borrowed time came with startling rapidity, for he was on guard tonight and wanted to go to a football match. so, while still the RS and D orderly, I cleaned-up, and mounted guard at 4:15p.m. Had ten in the guard room, and Ted relieved me at about 5:30p.m. I came here, to the YMCA, immediately.

Escape! From the hateful things. From the dust and the sight of my kit. Escape from the anticipation of tomorrow's “hardening training” at owe six hundred hours; and “respirators will be worn at the owe eight four five parade”, and in future respirators will be laid out for inspection with kits”. Escape from all that – for two hours. I must get things ready for tomorrow morning – but not during the next two hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home