Sunday, March 02, 2008

Tuesday 1st March 1938

Went to Grays for another discreet interview with the Beacon Store people. Of course, there was no question of an order but Mr Saunders thanked me for my courtesy and “the statesmanlike method” of handling the business. I guess there is more to come yet – either from Leonards or from Billings himself.

Evening: After the rehearsal I drove aimlessly around with Pat on board. I had intended to be cool and casual but instead, I talked a lot of nonsense. However, the long and short of it is that the friendship continues. Friendship! How long will it last? I thought this was a chance to avoid old mistakes. It was. But instead, I’ve been making all the blunders over again. Damn and blast!

Back to Roedean 12:30 a.m. Supper, then I worked until 2:30 or later. Mug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home