Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday 13th February 1938

CHA Ramble. Too late to catch the train at Southend so I drove along icy roads, through Rayleigh, over the Crouch, to Woodham Ferrers. Arrived there half an hour before the train; garaged the Zephyr at the village pub, and met the Club pipe in mouth, rucsack on my back. Bitterly cold but sunny and we tramped many miles.

Tea at Danbury. The Club was returning by bus from Great Baddow but I and three volunteers left the party here and marched back to Woodham Ferrers and the car.
The wind had decreased, our footfalls rang on the road. Bright, cold moon. Ella Dorken was with me, also two lesser known girls – Dorothy and Nellie. Only the women are energetic in this Club! The men always follow meekly – but I don’t!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home