Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thursday 3rd February 1938

Received a “pep” letter today signed by the Managing Director himself – Percy Randall Esq. He enclosed copies of letters which had arrived from various firms thanking the Company for 1938 calendars. He instructed me to follow up these letters…Some of them were from Dagenham, Hornchurch, Romford. London – Essex! May be a mistake but I’ll assume this is another addition to my area. And just when I was feeling depressed about business!

Saw Major Shenstone tonight with regard to my RNVR service and the false statement made in enlistment. He was amazed but quite decent about it. Thinks that a little wangling at “Records” will put matters right.

NB Brother Dick has not received parental consent in the matter of joining-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home