Friday, March 23, 2007

Saturday 21st April 1934

A rainy morning; I went to work feeling fairly suicidal and depressed.

Swept the floor slowly – it took me an hour – and tried to discover why I was so :
Morbid, “Different” and self-absorbed. I came to the conclusion (right or wrong) that this journal has a good deal to do with it. Yes, this journal! It makes me ponder and analyse – as I’m doing now!

Then must I stop keeping a diary? It would be hard at first. But perhaps necessary, although I’ve kept it for nearly four years. My chief motive, I think, in writing of things, is that I should hate any golden or poignant memory to slip – be forgotten.

Well, I shall decide this evening. If it’s for the best. (Written Saturday afternoon)

1 Comments:

Blogger darling said...

Ive always thought it was good to keep a record of thoughts good or bad, life and what happens in it.

7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home