Saturday, February 03, 2007

Monday January 30th 1933

Wilf (my dear cousin Wilf Barton) has obtained a position at Averys as a salesman and will shortly be going to Birmingham.

March 19th where? (Was I crazy? Cycle to Leicester. Climbed up to Old John and back, and then cycled back to Lincoln) I know of no more ideal place than the first. Perhaps I could cycle to Leicester for the day, returning late at night.

Akel gave me some badges. I am to be temporarily attached to the Group until – I and he – decide whether it will suit me or not. A talk with ASM Tom on Spiritualism. He is one of the Believers. I am going to a meeting with him. (Sudbrooke Park is an ideal place about five miles from Lincoln. Acres and acres of fields, woodland and lakes. It was owned by 2 elderly ladies who liked to have the scouts there as they kept away unwanted intruders. Akels efforts, 2 home made boats for the lake, also a small canoe. The lake had 2 small islands, and a terrifying swan named Horace).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home