Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wednesday 4th October 1933

First TocH night. Bridge Street, Staines, - clubroom in Church Rooms. Went with the Secretary. He lighted the gas and my first job was to provide a penny for the meter! Members turned up gradually. Introduced to first few. Sat around table and discussed plans.

First impressions not very good but later altered my opinion. All young. Very friendly, one or two in particular. One fellow is to put me in touch with the rambling club at Staines. They talked to me and I talked. Yes, I shall join again; have sent home for my old badge. Walked back to Egham with two of the members. The light. “With proud thanksgiving”. “Gallant and high hearted happiness…”

A good day. What went wrong? Let me think…just nothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home